Monday, 11 July 2011

Living Water...


I have to admit, I am not a plant person. Almost every plant I get results in death. Death of the plant that is. It either gets too little water or I drown the poor thing. Most of my home decor is dead plants (dried roses and sticks). Obviously I didn't do the 'plant test' before having children...ha. No, we got a cat instead.

But this...this my friends is my victory! I have been growing this ivy in a vase of water since my son's birth in October! It has been solely surviving on water alone...and because it is by my sink, all I have to do is make sure that the water is topped up...and it lives!! It has been growing and growing and growing. Problem is, at what point do I move it to ground? and if I do....yikes. I don't think I'll be able to keep it alive anymore.

Sadly, in the past I killed my own 'love fern' just months after my wedding, (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, 2003) and I currently have a dying plant in our dining room. (It started with 4 stalks, and is now down to one) How on earth will I keep this sucker alive once I transfer it!? So here it stays...safe and sound, in a vase of living water. All you plant guru's out there..got any tips?! Other than the basics of course...which are water and sun right?! j.k.ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment