Monday, 4 July 2011

Poop

Yes, you heard me correctly. Ever since becoming a Mommy, it seems that one of my most common topics of discussion has been based around my baby's poop. Once again, the poop question is returning. My son is almost 9 months old, started on formula full time a couple weeks ago, and eats various semi-sold foods. It seems that lately, I have been struggling to get him to drink very much milk. He drinks, just not a lot (e.g. 1-3oz at a time and under 18oz a day) It has always been a struggle for me to know just how much milk is the right amount for him to be drinking! I've also been noticing that his poop is currently very hard. Poor guy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

4 comments:

  1. My girls always responded well to prunes (just the stuff from the baby jars). They liked the taste and it "moved" them.
    Good luck!
    Ursi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,

    Nicole here. i asked my best friend who is a registered dietician and she said the following regarding hard poop:


    As far as the hard stools, fluids and fiber. Must be both or things just won't come out as soft! if vegs aren't accepted then push more fruits and be sure the formula is prepared correctly with the right type and amount of water.

    Also, regarding how much he should be eating, including formula amounts, she sent me this link:

    http://www.rd411.com/tkcenter/articles/fyp-1-5_K-0501.pdf

    hopefully this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We learned the hard way that F is super sensitive to bananas. He loves them, and as a babe just starting on solids they're terrific. But they just bunged him up!! Maybe there's a food that you've introduced that is doing the same kind of thing to E? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I switched to some diff veggies yesterday and gave E some prunes...and it's helping already! As for the milk, still experimenting...he just doesn't like to drink large amounts at once.

    ReplyDelete