Saturday, 26 November 2011

Defining the word UGLY

This one's for you sis....

ug·ly
[uhg-lee]
adjective, -li·er, -li·est.
1.very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

You may wonder why I'm beginning this post with a definition of the word 'ugly'.

My husband and I just attended our first Christmas party of the season last night! It was a hoot and we had a lot of fun! But, I have to admit that when we arrived at the party...we were definitely a little 'embarrassed' at our choice of attire. hehe.

You see, the party was an "UGLY Christmas Sweater Party" and although I will admit that the majority of the attendees were indeed 'dressed for the occasion,' there were only a select few who went, how should I say..."all out!" and my husband and I did just that. We went 'all out' in our ugly attire! and props to our friends who did the same! I'm talking, definition of the word ugly. haha.

We arrived in our festive attire consisting of sweat pants, patterned sweaters, Christmas tie, light up necklace, poinsettia broach, and more! We were 'in it to win it' as Randy from American Idol might say.

So I'm writing this post today in hopes to entertain you, give you a confidence boost, or maybe just make you smile. When you are invited to an Ugly sweater party....don't be afraid to go all out, or step out of your comfort zone!!!! The word "ugly" doesn't just mean 'silly' or 'fun'. You read the definition - - - So none of this 'pretty ugly', 'pleasing to the eye' kind of stuff!! You can do better than that!



Merry Christmas friends!!!


xoxo
Vent Machine

1 comment:

  1. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! hot stuff! And I say bravo for really getting into the spirit of things and going all-out "ugly". And ps- you are so cute, Jen that you look good even in ugly clothes. :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete