Sunday, 27 May 2012

Speeding Problems??

I recently read an article in my local newspaper about problems with speeding in my town. Apparently people are driving too fast?? In response, I submitted a comment on the newspaper's website. Instead of re-writing my thoughts on the issue, here is the mini opinion letter I sent. I have removed my town name and road names for this particular Vent Machine post :) hope you find it humorous...

"I'm curious to know about the age bracket of the people who bring in complaints regarding this issue. I am in the 25-30 age bracket, and I do not see a problem with speeding in [my town] what so ever. In fact, I think that some areas should increase the speed limit. For example, [this particular road] in [my town] does not have any driveways, driving 60km/h will not hurt anyone in that area. I really don't see the big deal. Have there been many accidents??


I understand if the speeding problem is WAY over the speed limits laid out, or if the speeding is causing many accidents, but I seriously don't think we have a 'problem'. I'm wondering if the people with the problem are the ones who are driving too slow in town and can't keep up with traffic.


I noticed that the majority of the peopled polled in the paper about their opinion on traffic looked age 50+. hmm...


I was recently stuck behind someone driving 70km/h on [a particular country road (which has a 80km/h speed limit but people usually drive 90-100km/h)], and I also recently sat back and laughed watching an old lady hold up traffic driving around the round about in [a town close by]. Now that's a problem! haha


Thanks for listening!"

I really do wonder if the whole complaining about speeding in my town is a generational thing. Please don't get me wrong, I agree that speeding at ridiculous speeds can be very dangerous. I should be more concerned considering I have a little one but I really don't think there is a 'problem'. Not a problem that requires our township forking up $$ to 'fix". Good luck!

xoxo
Vent Machine

1 comment:

  1. "Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

    ReplyDelete